Water Park Fun...Aquatica SeaWorld's Waterpark in Chula Vista
Aquatica SeaWorld's WaterparkTM is making a big splash with a birthday bash this summer
Aquatica is like no other waterpark, with fun for everyone: From serene to extreme, experiences range from lounging on sandy beaches and splashing and playing in heated pools to journeying down high-speed water slides, all amongst a lushly landscaped, South Seas-themed, resort-style environment. For those who like life in the fast lane, the Taumata Racer high-speed water slide zooms riders down a 375-foot slide, around a 180-degree swooping turn, and in and out of tunnels before racing them across a finish line. Among dozens of other slides and attractions are Big Surf Shores, one of the largest wave pools in Southern California; HooRoo Run®, which takes riders down an 80-foot descent; and several children's attractions including Loggerhead Lane and Slippity Dippity. Caribbean flamingos and freshwater turtles round out the Aquatica experience, as only SeaWorld can. Aquatica is making a big splash this summer, celebrating its fifth birthday with a Fiesta Aquatica Beach Party Celebration. Every day through Sept. 3, live DJs spin interactive dance tunes and today's top hits along with some throwback jams from 3 p.m. to park close.
Open 10 a.m. Operational dates for 2017 are daily through Aug. 27, Aug. 31-Sept. 4, and weekends Sept. 9–Oct. 8. Located at 2052 Entertainment Circle in Chula Vista, CA 91911. Closing times vary; check website www.aquaticasandiego.com or call 619-222-4SEA.
GET YOUR WAVE ON AT
- Taumata Racer: A high-speed racing water slide that zooms riders on six side-by-side lanes down a 375-foot slide, around a 180-degree swooping turn, and in and out of tunnels before racing them across a finish line. Height requirement is 42 inches.
- Whanau Way: Boasting a 60-foot water slide complex featuring six slides, four enclosed and two open air, this ride is a must on any waterpark enthusiast's list.
- HooRoo Run: Guests can choose their own adventure: two enclosed and two open-air slides await for a thrilling descent down this 80-foot ride.
- Woohoo Falls®: Adventurers embark on one of three water slides with speedy twists and turns, including one in the dark for those up to the challenge.
- Kiwi Curl®: Guests can put their adrenaline level to the test as they ride down one of three 60-foot-tall water slides. Thrill seekers have the option of sliding in the dark.
- Walhalla Wave®: This 78-foot ride is designed for families to enjoy together (height requirement is 42") in a gigantic tube. A tube lift means no lugging it up the stairs!
- Tassie's Twister: Plunge down a 75-foot water slide in a multi-person raft through thousands of swirling water before dropping into a six-story funnel.
- Big Surf Shores: One of the largest wave pools in Southern California, guests swim in more than 500,000 gallons of water with period swells of up to five feet. A white sandy beach (43,000 square feet!) allows visitors to relax on lawn chairs or luxuriate in nearby cabanas.
- Loggerhead Lane: Guests can swim or float along in an inner tube down a winding 1,250-foot long lazy river, with the added surprise of more than a dozen Caribbean flamingos on display. Playful fountains provide plenty of opportunities to splash while soaking up the sun.
- Walkabout Waters: This four-story interactive and colorful outdoor attraction features loads of hands-on fun with slides, hoses, jets, geysers and more. Every five minutes, a 500-gallon bucket unloads water on everyone below!
- Kata's Kookaburra Cove: Children can splash and play safely in this children's area featuring a pool and ropes. This kooky, quirky cove has a way of making even a grown-up want to jump right in and play.
- Slippity Dippity®: Families with toddlers can splash the day away and let their imagination run rampant as they explore an endless sea of fun at this attraction, which includes kid-sized slides.
- At Loggerhead Lane, guests will enjoy not only a lush tropical attraction with a winding 1,250-foot-long lazy river, but also an up-close view of more than a dozen Caribbean flamingos. In addition, twice a day, these flamingos will make their way across the park in a fun and festive flamingo parade for guests to enjoy.
- A habitat with dozens of freshwater turtles, representing several species, will live in an exhibit that will feature under- and above-water viewing.
- Guests can enhance their Aquatica experience with personal cabanas, available poolside at Big Surf Shores.
- Small and large lockers will be available for adventurers who need a place to store their land gear before they embark on their water voyage.
- Gift shops and merchandise carts will have waterpark necessities available for purchase, including towels, sunscreen and flip-flops for guests who forgot their waterpark necessities at home.
- Complimentary life vests in all sizes will be available for guests as they enter Aquatica.
- Guests can relax on comfortable lounge chairs, with shaded seating located throughout the waterpark.
About SeaWorld Parks & EntertainmentSeaWorld Parks & Entertainment™ is a leading theme park and entertainment company providing experiences that matter and inspiring guests to protect animals and the wild wonders of our world. The company is one of the world's foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, training, husbandry and veterinary care. The company collectively cares for what it believes is one of the largest zoological collections in the world and has helped lead advances in the care of animals. The company also rescues and rehabilitates marine and terrestrial animals that are ill, injured, orphaned or abandoned, with the goal of returning them to the wild. The SeaWorld® rescue team has helped more than 30,000 animals in need over the last 50 years.