The Living Coast Discovery Center (formerly the Chula Vista Nature Center)Formerly known as the Chula Vista Nature Center, the Living Coast Discovery Center in Chula Vista offers exciting interactive exhibits highlighting the history, geology, ecology, natural history and bio-diversity of Sweetwater Marsh and San Diego Bay. Exhibits include a shark and ray tank, bird watching platforms and drought tolerant gardens attractive to hummingbirds and butterflies. The Center offers nature day camps for kids and teens, overnight adventures, scouting programs, guided kayak adventures, composting workshops, nature discovery tours, field trips and private birthday parties.
Hours- 10 am-5pm, daily
Beginning Oct. 7th, 10am-4pm daily
- $14 Adults (18-64)
- $9 Children (4-17)
- Free Children (0-3)
- $9 Seniors (65+)
- $9 Students (18+ w/ID)
- Military - 20% Discount
- Group Rate - 20% Discount (reservation required for groups)
Events- Nature Discovery Tour, Composting workshops
- Preregistration is available to get up close and personal with animals including feeding sharks and string rays.
- Enjoy close up views of the turtles and don't miss feeding time at 1:45pm daily.
- Visit the center's Eagle Mesa which is home to the majestic golden and bald eagles
- The Discovery Center's gardens celebrates biodiversity of San Diego county by showcasing over 2,100 native plants